In the Americas region, Clifford Chance is a full-service firm advising domestic and multinational clients on US-law matters in the US, Latin America and across global markets.
With regional offices in New York, Washington, DC and São Paulo, we offer ready access to US financial and political centers, as well as decades of experience in helping our clients achieve their business objectives while managing risk. Our team of nearly 300 lawyers works across highly regarded practices in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Real Estate and Tax, Pensions & Employment. We have significant sector practices in Funds & Investment Management, Insurance, Private Equity, Technology and Transportation.
We were recently named both Law Firm of the Year and North American Law Firm of the Year at the Structured Credit Investor (SCI) Capital Relief Trades Awards for 2021.
Our dedicated Latin America group is comprised of bilingual and culturally fluent lawyers who understand the region's distinct business, legal and regulatory landscapes. They advise on complex transactions that are often at the forefront in the development of new markets, assisting clients on matters involving energy and infrastructure projects, mergers and acquisitions, and the delivery of cutting-edge finance and capital markets structures.
Our Americas practices and attorneys are widely recognized in the Chambers and Legal 500 directories covering the US and Latin America.
We also offer a broader team of US-qualified lawyers based in offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and the UK, leveraging the Firm's preeminent network to assist clients seamlessly in cross-border matters involving US law.
Collaboration is at the core of our culture. It means that we look at our clients' needs from their perspective and offer innovative solutions that are not tied to a particular office, practice area or attorney. It also means that when catastrophic events occur, such as a cyber breach, our partners can quickly mobilize a first-rate global team to work with regulators in the relevant jurisdictions and help with the incident response.
We deeply embrace our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We were a pioneering US law firm for the Mansfield Rule and, in 2021 achieved Mansfield 4.0 certification. We are now undergoing the certification process for 5.0, which requires us to consider a minimum of 30 percent of individuals from underepresented groups for C-level or other senior-level professional staff roles, among other important metrics.
As part of the Firm's Innovation program, our Americas Hub brings together professionals with expertise in continuous improvement, technology, pricing, and project and resource management. Clifford Chance Applied Solutions houses the Firm's expanding range of digital products that combine our legal expertise with technology to solve complex, large-scale client challenges.
- Clifford Chance advises on Global Jet Capital's issuance of US$521,800,000 Secured Notes in an asset backed securitization. The securitization (BJETS 2020-1), is the fourth ABS offering that Global Jet Capital has closed.
- Clifford Chance advised Interconexión Eléctrica S.A. E.S.P (ISA) and its subsidiary ISA Intervial Chile (Intervial) in connection with its acquisition of the Costera Cartagena Barranquilla 4G toll road in Colombia.
- Clifford Chance is advising Watford Holdings Ltd. (NASDAQ:WTRE) on its pending approximately US$700 million acquisition by Bermuda-based insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance company Arch Capital Group Ltd.
- Clifford Chance is advising private equity firm Ardian on the strategic acquisition by its investee company, The Dedalus Group, of DXC Technology's (DXC: NYSE) healthcare software provider business for US$525 million.
- Clifford Chance has advised the underwriters led by Credit Suisse and China International Capital Corporation on Genetron Holdings' US$256 million SEC-registered IPO of American Depositary Shares (ADS) and listing on Nasdaq.
- "It [Clifford Chance] has an excellent understanding of the sector and the space, its lawyers have a very good balance of moving the deal forward and making sure the legal protections are in place."
Chambers USA 2020: Transportation: Aviation: Finance (USA Nationwide) – Band 1
- "They have a really deep bench and experience in international project finance across different asset classes."
Chambers USA 2020: Project: Agency Finance (USA Nationwide) – Band 1
- "The team has always been close the REIT, understanding our needs, the situation in the market (Mexico, Hotels) and have always guided the company towards a good outcome. On top of finance and real estate advice, we have also used the firm to assist in items such as tax, regulation, among others."
Legal 500 USA 2020: Real Estate REITs – Tier 1
- "Clifford Chance's 'one-stop shop' tax practice acts for a number of banks and elite asset managers covering real estate and debt, and routinely handles cross-border mandates in conjunction with its London office."
Legal 500 USA 2020: Tax Financial Products – Tier 1
- "Clifford Chance’s team takes the initiative more than any firm I have worked with to anticipate issues and provide solutions. They always meet their commitments."
Legal 500 Latin America 2020: Banking & Finance: International Firms – Tier 1
- "Stellar international practice offering market-leading expertise in project finance and development across Latin America. Repeatedly called upon by blue-chip corporations and financial institutions to assist with a range of sophisticated projects, including those concerning both renewable energy and transport infrastructure."
Chambers Latin America 2020: Projects (Latin America-Wide): Band 1
- "The Latin America team delivers 'the gold standard for responsiveness', is 'practical and business-oriented' and has 'strong energy sector knowledge'; staffed by 'hands-on partners' and 'very high quality and experienced professionals that have a pragmatic approach' and 'deep knowledge', this 'allows the team to perform very well in fast-paced and complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions'."
Legal 500 Latin America 2019: Corporate and M&A: International Firms – Tier